.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Nebbie had a walkathon to raise money for the school. It was our big fundraiser of the year. The kids had fun walking, doing jazzercise, and just hanging out (yes Mikey did walk to, I just didn't catch it with the camera --- too much running around trying to get a picture of all four). I will admit, it was a lot of fun.
Let me explain Amanda's boot. Well, I got the worst mom award this year. At the first football game of the year, we were walking from our car and Amanda tripped off of a curb. She immediately popped up, and started walking with a limp and tears in her eyes. We of course were running late, so I asked if she was ok and then rushed her off to the game. After examining the foot, we diagnosed it as a sprain (afterall, she just tripped off of a curb!), iced it, gave her meds and went about things as normal. A couple of days later, we realized that she was still limping really bad and when asked to apply direct pressure, she would almost fall over. The next morning I called her doctor and was referred to an ortho, but they couldn't get us in for two days. So almost a week after the injury, we finally get her in to the doctor to only find out that she had broken her foot. So the Bad Mom award goes to --- Holly Pelletier, thank you, thank you very much. So after 6 weeks in the boot, she was healed, just in time for basketball. At the walkathon she begged me to participate, and being sick with guilt over the whole thing, I let her; unfortunately, she felt it later that night. Just another learning experience for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment