Saturday, January 10, 2009

The beauty of ice





I don't know if I will ever understand the weather here in Texas. Over Christmas break, we had freezing cold days where my heater ran and extremely warm humid days where my air conditioning clicked on --- whose air runs in Dec/Jan. Well on January 5th, we had a freezing day. I had to return to work that day (BOOOO!!!), while the kids got to stay home and play. It was freezing out, below freezing, it was 30 degrees. And there was precipitation. Freezing, precipitation, shouldn't that mean snow??? Well, apparently not in Texas!!! I know the explanations, I do, I've heard them severeal times, but I don't like them. If it is cold enough to snow, I want snow, plain and simple. Although I didn't get my wishes, there was a lot of beauty around me. The fields were completely white, not with snow, but with ice. The trees and bushes were coverd in ice, it was very pretty, and I thought you might enjoy seeing a little of what we saw (although pictures don't do it justice!).

No comments: